Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Back in Rome

Well three months away enjoying the sunshine and beaches of Sicily have ended, as I arrived back into Rome this weekend. Due to the excess amount of luggage, and I am not talking about my love handles from eating too many Sicilian ricotta desserts.... I took the boat from Catania to Civitavechia. 20 hours expected journey time as opposed to 45 minutes on the plane, but we romped home 1 hour ahead of schedule. It is hard to understand the speed you travel at when you fly! Anyway it was lovely and calm, and I spent the journey in a state of catnapping in my cabin, painting my toe nails and napping again, before emerging onto the sundeck to watch the coast of Campania go past, with a wonderful view of Capri and Ischia.

Me, six tourists and twenty five truckers. Marvellous.

what will I miss about Sicily? Swimming after work, the view from the beach of Taormina and Castelmola, and my little collection of waif and stray cats. oh, and the desserts.

But I have to say I am looking forward to a visit to Feltrinellis International and a browse of the English books this evening in the centre of Rome .....

So Rome blogs shall recommence soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment